Rackspace one of the key founders of OpenStack, has finally switched to OpenStack.
These products will be provided to customers in limited amounts over a period of time to ensure a smooth ramp-up.
– Cloud Servers, powered by OpenStack – based on the latest OpenStack compute release, this solution is fast, reliable, scalable and is accessible via the new OpenStack API as well as via an easy-to-use, intuitive control panel. Limited availability sign-ups are open now and Rackspace will begin providing access on May 1.
– Cloud Control Panel – the new Control Panel was built from the ground up and with the customer in mind. It is simple, fast, intuitive and flexible. The new control panel also features multiple enhancements, including server tagging and multi-region capabilities.
The following products are in “early access”, as they are production workload ready but have limited support available, no service commitments and no billing.
– Cloud Databases, powered by OpenStack –gives customers API access to massively scalable, high availability MySQL database that is based on SAN storage for high performance and provides automated management of common database tasks.
- Cloud Monitoring –helps customers easily monitor their infrastructure and applications proactively, including OpenStack Clouds.
The following products are in “preview”, as we are currently inviting customers to test the early version of these products.
– Cloud Block Storage, powered by OpenStack – this new solution is designed to give customers highly elastic raw storage and a choice between a high performance (leveraging solid state disks) or a standard lower-cost block storage solution.
– Cloud Networks, powered by OpenStack – this solution is designed to allow customers to manage logically abstracted network services programmatically. Software-defined virtual networks provide flexibility and agility in addition to enhanced security via network isolation and port filtering.