Sun 19 Jun 2011
[amazon_link id=”B004M8SVFM” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]The Nikon Coolpix S9100 is a Super Zoom in a compact body. The advantage of a Super Zoom is you can take wildlife photos without getting too close to your subject such that you get extinct.
The problem with existing Super Zoom were that they were big and bulky which people had to carry around hoping to get their moment. Or they carried a compact and wished they had carried the big one! With S910 you no longer need to carry big fat cameras to get High Zoom. Its compact enough to fit in your pocket and you can use the 18X zoom when you need it.
Here is what’s cool about the Coolpix.
- 18x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom
- Full HD 1080p Videos
- 3-inch Display
- Continuous mode can shoot 5 shots per second at full resolution
- 5-way VR Image Stabilization System
What was no so cool:
- If it had a varied angle LCD, it would have been more flexibility
- Its small enough fit into a bag, but not exactly pocket size.
- The battery is charged by connecting the camera to the USB, while this is good as you have to carry less stuff around.. but a separate charge would be more convenient. The separate charger is available at additional cost.