Thu 7 Jul 2011
[amazon_link id=”B00535BU38″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]Lenovo has launches the Lenovo X1, which is the slimmest Think Pad and one of the slimmest Notebooks around. Finally we have some competition for Macbook Air.
Here are the specs.
- 13.3″ Screen
- 3.7 Pounds/1.6 Kgs weight
- Gigabit Lan port 10/100/1000
- Optional SSD which can be combined along with Hard Drive or 3G/4G wireless broadband module (you can have either SSD or wireless broadband not both)
- Upto 10 Hours of battery life
- 16 mm thin
- Strong: Carbon-fibre rollcage, spill-resistant keyboard, tough Corning Gorilla Glass.
- High Definition web cam.
- USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports
- eSATA port
- Backlit Keyboard
- Display Port
- Super Bright LCD Screen
What I like: It has most of the ports that you would need and its strongly built. It also very slim and light weight.
What I don’t like: It only has Windows 7 option, Who wants Windows when Ubuntu works nice reliably and doesn’t have the virus blues? What would be nice if this model had a Linux option, right now you are forced to purchase the Windows even if you don’t use Windows.
It also doesn’t have choice of colours only black. Who says Business users don’t want a choice of colours?
Price in India: Rs. 90,000, US$2000.
Price in US: Rs. 58,500, US$1300