Wed 13 Apr 2011
Ever since Panasonic started offering their first micro four-third, interchangeable lens cameras, they have been rolling out models with lots of features. They call this the Lumix G Micro-System.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 is the latest in the family, its got more advance video capabilities than the G2, whcih is primarily for still photography.
Advantages over its predessor GH1.
- 16 Megapixel vs 12 Megapixel. The actual sensor is 18 Megapixel but gives you 16 Megapixel in different aspect ratios.
- ISO range 160 – 12800 (vs 100-3200)
- Video shooting at 1080p 60 or 50 fps vs 24 or 25 fps
- Faster AF
- Larger EVF (852 x 600 rather than 800 x 600 pixels)
- Touch-sensitive LCD screen (same as G2)
- And yes the camera can shoot in 3D with 3D Interchangeable lens.
Panasonic claim to fame is this model has the fastest auto-focus.