Mon 7 Mar 2011
Samsung has discontinued Samsung I9000 Galaxy S and has replaced it with Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL, here is the difference:
- Sumer AMOLED display is replaced by Super Clear LCD. Resolution remains the same.
- Slight heavier 131 grams vs. 119 grams.
- Preloaded with Android 2.2, while Galaxy S has 2.1 but is upgradable to 2.2
- Has 16G storage, while the Galaxy S has 8 or 16.
- 1GHz Hummingbird (Samsung) processor is replaced by TI, speed remains the same.
- Battery has been bumped up from 1500mAh to 1650mAh, that answers the increase in weight.
I don’t see much change in specification, If you are using Galaxy S, you need not upgrade. If you are planning to buy a new one, you could get a good deal on Samsung Galaxy S. You can always add additional memory if you need and change the battery to 1650mAh.. since battery life was one big complain for Samsung Galaxy S users.