Tue 2 Nov 2010
What do you get when you marry a Tata Nano Engine with a Merc ? You get a Nokia N8 :) Nokia has been struggling to maintain market share, and this looks like a desperate attempt.
As always Nokia has added so many hardware features which others can’t matchup, read till the end before you decide.
- 12MP Camera! Yes that 12!
- HD Video recording
- 3.5″ Touch Screen
- Bright AMOLED display with 640 x 360 pixels resolution
- Accelerometer/Compass/Proximity Sensor
- Choice of 5 Colours
- 16GB Internal Memory
- GPS and A-GPS
- Flash support
- USB-on-the-go (so you can connect to other USB devices without a PC)
- Bluetooth 3.0
- HDMI Port
- 3.5 mm Audio jack
- DivX/H.264 Playback
- 680 MHz processor (slow compared to 1GHz getting common today)
What not so good is the Symbian operating system. Which is now started showings its age, its time Nokia offers Android as an option. While they can continue experimenting with their Linux variants (Meego/Maemo) and extend the life of Symbian.