Wed 13 Oct 2010
If you are planning to run torrent on a remote computer which you want to control using a browser, then TorrentFlux is for you. It allows multiple users to use one system as a torrent server.
I am running TorrentFlux on the Plug Computer, it works well. Its also easy to use and manage. Its available on standard Ubuntu repository so you can set it up on any desktop/netbook running Ubuntu.
Once Installed, just go to the IP address of the computer where Torrent Flux is installed. Eg.
Where 192.168.0.1 is the IP address of the computer where TorrentFlux is installed.
Here are the list of features.
- Upload Torrents via URL or File Upload
- Start, Stop, and Delete Torrents with a click
- Advanced Torrent start options (encryption, ports, speeds, etc.)
- Multi-user interface
- RSS Feeds, download Torrents files with a click
- View Download Progress of all torrents at a glance
- View drive space at a glance
- View Torrent file meta information
- Built-in User management and Security
- Private Messaging between users.
- Themes (selectable per user)
- Upload History
- Detailed User Administration
- Admin Searchable Logs
- Advanced Torrent Search (many major sites included)
- Cookie support at the user level for private trackers
- Queue Manager
- Maketorrent — supports making torrents
- Language Support
- Open Source (GPL)