Thu 4 Dec 2008
Canon has launched two Cameras: The PowerShot SX10 IS and PowerShot SX1 IS. Both are good choices for people wanting more than a point and shoot but don’t want the complexity of an SLR. Also note, that with features come weight, both these models are around 550gms which is as heavy as an SLR.
What’s common between the two:
- 10 Megapixel
- 20X optical zoom, yes 20!!
- Wide angle
- Image Stabilisation
- Takes standard SD/MMC/MMC Plus Memory
- CMOS based, which means better picture quality.
- Vari-Angle LCD screen that can be moved around, giving you flexibility.
- Face Detection: Camera automatically detects faces in a photo and focuses.
- Video recording.
- Standard AA/NiMH batteries
The SX1 is just being launched as we speak and has a few extras overs SX10.
- High Definition Video
- HDMI Port
- and 2.8″ LCD while the SX10 has 2.5″ LCD
Only if the High Definition video is important for you, go for the SX1. As right now the SX1 is significantly more expensive.